Funded through USask's International Blueprint for Action, this competitive fellowship has a mandate of bringing international postdoctoral scholars to the University of Saskatchewan.
The Fellowship may allocate up to one award in the following Signature Areas of Research:
- Communities and Sustainability: Exploring the Interrelatedness of Human Communities and Natural Ecologies
- Health and Wellness: Combining the Arts, Social and Hard Sciences to Make Canadians Healthier
- Indigenous Peoples: Engagement and Scholarship
- Quantum Innovation: Creating Big Changes from Tiny Particles
Call for nominations
Opens for applications every fall.
- Value and Duration: $44,000/year for two years
- $22,000 provided by CGPS and at least $22,000, inclusive of all employment deductions, matched by the award recipient’s supervisor
- Number of Awards: One fellowship awarded annually
|Application opens||Annually in November|
|Application deadline||Annually in February|
How to apply
- The applicant must have completed a PhD no earlier than three years prior to the start date of the proposed fellowship.
- The applicant must not be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- The applicant’s PhD must have been earned outside of Canada.
- The applicant cannot have been a resident of Saskatoon for twenty-four months prior to the start date of the proposed fellowship.
- The applicant may only receive this fellowship once.
- The applicant must have demonstrated strong achievement and early success in their chosen field of specialization.
The University of Saskatchewan Misiwêskamik International Postdoctoral Fellowship application process is
coordinated by the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS). Full details are posted prior to call opening.
Please direct all inquiries about the process to email@example.com.