The College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Pandemic Need-Based Bursary will start accepting applications on January 5, 2022.
In early 2021, the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS) announced the COVID-19 Tuition Bursary to assist students who had been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. With funds set aside in 2021, the college continues to support students who are facing financial difficulties as a consequence of the pandemic.
- The maximum value that a student can receive is $2,500
- The bursary is non-renewable
- There is no specific application deadline.
- The first review of applications will be on January 15, 2022.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The need-based bursaries will be allocated until the assigned funding available has been exhausted.
- All graduate students who are not fully funded and with financial needs as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible to apply.
Fully funded is defined as more than $15,000/year. Tri-Agency award recipients or students being paid from multiple sources (including university employment income) whose total income exceeds $15,000 are not eligible to apply.
- Students must complete the online application found here.
- Applicants must complete a revenue/expense recommendation form, have it signed by their supervisor and Graduate Chair (or equivalent) and attach it to their online application.